- Arrive Prepared – Always remember to wear the correct dancewear and shoes to class. Please arrive on time and ready to begin class. It is best to arrive with
your dance clothes on, if possible.
- Hair – Girls hair should be secured and pulled away from their face and off of the neck. They must wear it in a ponytail or bun. Boys hair must be short enough
(or in some way secured) so it does not hang over their face and cover their eyes, as that can be a safety concern in class.
- Jewelry – Please remove jewelry before class. Most jewelry can be a potential hazard should the dancer catch it on their clothing, hair or other dancer. Small
studs or non-dangling earrings are allowed.
- Dance Shoes – Dance shoes are for use in the studio only and should NEVER be worn outside. Please come in street shoes and change in the lobby. Dirty dance shoes
can damage our dance floors. Dance shoes must be purchased through ArtWorks Academy. See required dance shoes below.
- Attire – As mentioned on the main dress code page, our dress code was developed to benefit the
movement of the dancer and their safety, as well as promote discipline, ensemble awareness, and help better assist the teacher in giving corrections and maintaining uniformity within the
studio. See the required leotard color below.
- Purchasing Shoes and Leotards - All shoes MUST be purchased from ArtWorks Academy. We have
selected shoes we feel are best for each level and also want all shoes to match for the dance recital. Leotards are available to purchase at the studio or can be purchased at a dance store, as
long as the color matches the required color for your child's level
- Compliance - Please make sure your child is in compliance with the dress code for every
class. Students will receive one warning. If they show up for a second class without being in dress code, they will have to watch and will not be allowed to participate.
PLEASE NOTE - You can download the order form and bring it in
when you place your order or we have extra copies at the studio. Please do NOT fill out the shoe size, until your child is fitted for shoes at the studio.
Children's Level dancers wear the following shoes, which must be purchased through ArtWorks Academy:
Ballet - Stretch Ballet Shoe (girls wear pink and boys wear black)
Tap - U-Shell Black Tap Shoe (girls); Black Intro Stretch Tap Boot (boys)
Hip Hop - Black converse style shoes (can be purchased at your local shoe store)
All females in Children's Level must wear lavender leotards and pink tights. There are several styles of leotards available
to purchase at ArtWorks Academy. They are shown below. Girls in this level are allowed to wear a lavender dance skirt (NO tutus). Spanx style shorts or leggings may be worn for
hip hop only.
All males in these levels must wear the following:
Black pants or shorts with a white t-shirt
Girls are allowed to wear the lavender skirt shown below. They are not allowed to wear a tutu. A lavender leotard is required, not the black