- Arrive Prepared – Always remember to wear the correct dancewear and shoes to class. Please arrive on time and ready to begin class. It is best to arrive with your
dance clothes on, if possible.
- Hair – Girls hair should be secured and pulled away from their face and off of the neck. They must wear it in a ponytail or bun. Boys hair must be short enough (or in
some way secured) so it does not hang over their face and cover their eyes, as that can be a safety concern in class.
- Jewelry – Please remove jewelry before class. Most jewelry can be a potential hazard should the daner catch it on their clothing, hair or other dancer. Small studs or
non-dangling earrings are allowed.
- Dance Shoes – Dance shoes are for use in the studio only and should NEVER be worn outside. Please come in street shoes and change in the lobby. Dirty dance shoes can
hurt our dance floors. Dance shoes must be purchased through ArtWorks Academy. See required dance shoes below.
- Attire – As mentioned on the main dress code page, our dress code was developed to benefit the movement of
the dancer and their safety, as well as promote discipline, ensemble awareness, and help better assist the teacher in giving corrections and maintaining uniformity within the
studio. See the required leotard color below.
- Purchasing Shoes and Leotards - All shoes MUST be purchased from ArtWorks Academy. We have selected shoes we feel are best for each level
and also want all shoes to match for the dance recital. Leotards are available to purchase at the studio or can be purchased at a dance store, as long as the color matches the required color
for your child's level
PLEASE NOTE - You can download the order form and bring it in when you place your order or we have extra copies at the studio. Please do
NOT fill out the shoe size, until your child is fitted for shoes at the studio.
Students in Creative Movement and Preschool Combo wear the following shoes, which must be purchased through ArtWorks Academy:
Ballet - Stretch Ballet Shoe (girls wear pink and boys wear black)
Tap - U-Shell Black Tap Shoe (girls); Black Intro Stretch Tap Boot (boys)
Students in Creative Movement will start the year with ballet shoes and begin wearing tap shoes at the end of the first semester.
All females in Creative Movement and Preschool Combo must wear pink leotards and pink tights. There are several styles of leotards available to purchase at ArtWorks
Academy. They are shown below. Girls in this level are allowed to wear a pink dance skirt (NO tutus).
All males in these levels must wear the following:
Black pants or shorts with a white t-shirt
Girls are allowed to wear the pink skirt shown below. They are not allowed to wear a tutu. The skirt shown above in the bottom right corner is connected to the leotard and is a great
option for this age!